1. Collection of information
We need to collect, retain and use information about you, including your personal information, to provide you with storage and business with you. Generally, this information is collected directly from you but we may collect information about you that are publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available at third parties. Information we collect may include:
· Your name
· License number and details
· Date of birth
· Passport number
· Telephone number (s)
· Email address
· Physical address
· CCTV footage and / or audio; spirit
· Any other information reasonably necessary.
COST EFFECTIVE, SECURE SELF STORAGE 14 MINUTES FROM MELBOURNE'S CBD
We can collect payment information from you, including credit card or direct debit information, and we collect and retain information about your ongoing storage and payment history.
You may also choose to provide us with any of this information, but may not affect our ability to provide you with storage.
2. Primary purposes of collection
We need to collect information from you for a variety of purposes including to you with storage and business with you. These primary purposes include:
· To ensure security of the Facility and the goods and people within the Facility
· To establish your identity and assess your application for storage
· To be able to contact you during the storage relationship
· To provide you with information about your account, including billing and commission of notices
· To provide you with information about our business and related entities, including promotions
· To be able to answer questions from you about your account and our services
· To manage our risk, including enabling us to undertake a search of the StorerCheck database, or any relevant credit history entity
· To undertake appropriate searches, including a PPSR search, in the event that your account goes into default
· To cooperate with inquiries from government and law enforcement bodies and to comply with our legal obligations
· To enforce our agreement with you.
We can disclose any information we have about you including your personal information as is reasonably necessary or as is permitted by law, including but not limited to the following:
· Our employees, including temporary worker or externally contracted staff
· Service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services
· Third parties engaged to perform specific functions within our business, such as auctioneers, second hand dealers, building contractors, and maintenance services
· Government departments and agencies
· Law enforcement agencies, including the police
· Any person who can demonstrate to our satisfaction a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
· Liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
· Debt collection services
· Your Alternate Contact Person (ACP)
· Third parties who have reasonably believe you have caused damage or injury to that party or third party.
· Agents for any of the above.
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilize service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, including New Zealand, the UK, the USA.
4. Make the following authorization regarding your Alternate Contact Person:
As you have provided us with personal information identifying your nominated alternative contact (ACP), you must ensure that you have the right to disclose information about your ACP including their personal information. You need to take reasonable steps to ensure your ACP is aware
· That you have made this disclosure
· That they can access and correct the information by us in the same way you can correct your personal information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party companies and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at email@example.com
6. Storer Check ('StorerCheck')
We subscribe to the StorerCheck system. By applying to store with us, including making a web or telephone inquiry, you agree to the following:
· We may search the StorerCheck data base for information StorerCheck may have about you
· We may communicate with users of the StorerCheck system and discuss your information with them
· We can choose to refuse storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with StorerCheck
· We may release or update any details and personal information.
ü your name,
about your address,
ü your previous address (es)
ü your email address,
ü your license number and details,
ü your passport number and details,
ü your date of birth,
ü your storage history, including account payment history
· Your details and personal information will be released to StorerCheck in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behavior including but not limited to:
ü Not paying for storage
ü Dumping or abandoning goods
ü Being chronically late with payments
ü Being abusive or threatening to staff members or other storers
ü elimiting the involvement of law enforcement agencies, such as law enforcement inquiries regarding your storage activities and the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage space
ü Any other breach of the storage agreement
We can use the information you provide during this application, including web or telephone inquiries, or information provided at any other time to update any listing you currently have with StorerCheck. If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with us.
By applying to us you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including our right to search StorerCheck for your details, and to release your information and details to StorerCheck in certain forhold. For further information about Storer Check go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorized modification, unauthorized disclosure and access. We employ security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where that service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
8. Accuracy of information we hold about you, your right to access and your right to correct
You can view and correct your personal information by:
• giving us reasonable notice in writing that you wish to view your personal information, and
• attending at our facility at the agreed time, and
• Paying reasonable costs for the commission.
If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written reason for the refusal.
To correct inaccurate information we hold about you, you may advise us writing that your personal information is not correct and provide us with written corrections. We will endeavor to update within a reasonable time.
9. Eligible Data Breach
Where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been an eligible data breach we will, within 30 days of when we first become aware of the suspected breach, undertake a reasonable and expeditious assessment of the potential breach.
Where it is determined that an eligible data breach has occurred, we will report the breach to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and you.
10. Your Rights - how to contact us about your privacy
If you believe we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 or Australian Privacy Principles and wish to complain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavor to resolve your complaint within 21 days. If you do not believe your complaint has been satisfactorily handled or resolved, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For more information visit: www.oaic.gov.au